Twenty | Five

Twenty | Five

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ASK - BELIEVE - RECEIVE






Today is all about setting goals and asking for exactly what you WANT. Not your average, every day goals (like… lose 10 pounds by December or get the house painted before it snows), I mean your ALL time, what you’ve dreamt about for years, what you think are unattainable type goals!

Many of you have probably read or at least have heard about the book “The Secret.” If not, I will give you a little taste of what it’s about.  I discovered “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne in 2006. Some believe in the power of the secret and others think it’s a crock, but I live by it. Prior to my twenties, I had always been extremely goal driven. Whether in school, dance, jobs, friendships, or relationships, I always aspired to achieve. In 2006, I was 21 going on 22. I was young, a junior in college and in a serious relationship, that wasn’t exactly a dream come true…(hey, we all learn from our mistakes, right?). Anyhow, even in my early twenties, life was confusing. I thought I had my future all planned out…. graduate from college by 23, engaged by 23-24, married by 25, kids by 26-27. Like most of us at that age, I thought the guy I was dating was the man of my dreams and that we would be together forever in my own made-up fairytale (key words "made-up"). I thought for sure I was going to be some wealthy Sports Medicine doctor or Physical Therapist, etc. WELL… life didn’t quite happen as planned and boy am I glad that it didn't! Everything happens for a reason, and although it may be extremely hard to deal with at the time, it all works out for the better in the end (it could just be the Universe adjusting things in your life, so that you can have what you truly want, read on, I will explain). The events in my early twenties definitely paved my path to where I’m at currently, and I’m very grateful. It was during these years that “The Secret” really became a bible for me. Something I carried around with my every single day, something I read before I went to bed every night and something I still read every time I need a reminder of how to stay focused on what I want in my life.

“The Secret” is about asking for what you want, believing in your dreams and then receiving them. It’s about positive thinking and positive energy. In the beginning parts of the book, the author explains how “the secret” works and tells its readers to write their own specific goals down. Long-term, short-term, large or small. So… I did. In 2006, I wrote down what I wanted SPECIFICALLY and just found that list the other day while I was going through my journal. That’s when I realized how powerful “the secret” really is. Whether it’s because I read the book, fate, or a higher being, I had achieved every single goal on my list, except for 2. I like to think it’s because I visualized myself achieving my dreams, I truly believed that I was going to receive every single thing on that list and I did. I’m still working on 2 of them, but they’re materialistic anyway. Someday, I will receive those last 2 (a boat, which I don’t know if I want anymore and to pay cash for my very own, brand spankin new Range Rover, not a Range Rover Sport a Range Rover! – that I still WANT!:) ).

To sum it up, I wrote down my goals, what I wanted specifically and I asked for them, I then visualized myself receiving those things or that life every chance I got, I did not think about how long it would take to get them or how I would get them, and eventually received it all. Here are a few things from my previous list (keep in mind, this was when I was still in college): I want...
1) A great job that I will enjoy, while making a lot of money such as a Pharmaceutical Rep, Medical Sales Rep or Distribution Sales Rep for a company like Red Bull. Right out of college, I got an Outside Sales Manager position with the most well-known company in the world, and I love it!
2) To have significant other who loves me unconditionally for who I am. I am now with the love of my life, for real this time. He loves me unconditionally and is beyond what I could have asked for. 
3)To be with someone who appreciates me and the things I do. And that he does. Not just with words, but by his actions too.
4) To travel as many places as possible with my significant other. Just this year we've been to Omaha twice, Park City, California, Boston, New York, Colorado and Wyoming (family first). More to come :) 
 These are just a few things that were on my list. Four years ago, I never knew I would all of those things and more. (Here is a picture of Shane and I in Cancun last year. Thank you for the amazing trip Coca-Cola!)

This "you create the world in which you live in" concept has been around for centuries. Now, all of the theories and philosophies are in one book and I encourage everyone to at least read it once! It will change your life. It changed mine.  Check out this link www.thesecret.tvgo buy the book, read it and start writing down what you really WANT (wealth, health, happiness)! Then..pay it forward. 

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"- Eleanor Roosevelt

xo. C

p.s. This blog is dedicated to my sister from another mister and my brother from a different mother..lol. YOU know who you are!! I'm back! Sorry it's been a while :)


1 comment:

  1. Visualization is so powerful! Athletes do it all of the time. I believe that writing your goals down and picturing them, will cement them in your mind, and transform your goals into reality. I have not read this book, but I think that it would be very beneficial for everyone to read, at any stage in their lives.

    ReplyDelete