Twenty | Five

Twenty | Five

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Right Brained or Left Brained?



My mom called me this morning (as most of you know, I talk to her every day, sometimes 4 times a day) but, she was calling me to tell me about an author that she went to go see the other night. His name is Daniel Pink, some of you may already know of him. During this presentation, he was explaining the difference between the left and right side of our brains. Theoretically speaking and from the picture above, the Right Brain functions in more Holistic Thought, while the Left functions in more Analytic Thought. Pretty interesting....Are you right or left brained?? 

I am pretty sure I'm right-brained all the way. Math and analytical matters aren't really my thing...meaning I'm not very good at it and would much rather look at pictures and doodle instead of analyzing numbers logically. But i do looove Science. Hmmm...

Anyhow, my mom was saying that Daniel was explaining the economy's increase in demand for people who are right-brained. The more creative, intuitive and holistic type. Which is great for our generation, especially for those of you that are in your twenties and are still trying to find stable jobs out there in this terrible economical world.

So....start using the RIGHT side of your brain everyone! Let's "be the change we want to see in the world!" -Gandhi

This is Daniel Pink's book that he was referring to in his presentation. Check it out: "A Whole New Mind" - Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future. 


1 comment:

  1. Candice this is so entertaining and so, well, you. I will have to investigate the nature of the right and left hemispheres of the brain concerning left-handed people like yourself. As you are aware, you are in a special category. You probably access both sides. Lucky you!
    Dottie AKA Mom

    ReplyDelete